If you have an emergency call 911
PRFTA POLICE DEPARTMENT
790 5th Street
Dublin, CA 94568
The PRFTA Police Department is a progressive and professional organization dedicated to maintaining community partnerships which promote a high quality of life for the PRFTA population. The department is committed to treating all people with dignity, fairness and respect, protecting their rights and providing equal protection under the law.
GOLDEN RULES IF STOPPED BY A POLICE OFFICER
- Move your vehicle safely to the right (out of traffic) and well off the roadway.
- Keep your hands visible at all times, preferably on the steering wheel. (Especially in low light conditions, you may want to turn on your dome light.)
- Let the officer know what you are doing before entering any pockets, purses, compartments or the glove-box.
- Display your drivers' license, registration and proof of insurance upon the officer's request (this is State Law) and allow the officer the opportunity to explain why the stop was made.
- Do not be argumentative or debate the stop, allow the officer the time to describe the violation and what will occur as a result of the stop. (Controversy and debates are for the courtroom)
- Remain in the vehicle unless the officer asks you to get out of your vehicle. If you are asked to exit your vehicle, keep your hands out of any pockets and visible to the officer.
- Avoid the use of cellular telephones & smoking during the traffic stop.
WHAT THE PRFTA POLICE DEPARTMENT CAN DO FOR YOU
- Provide Uniformed Police Services and Public Safety: This is accomplished through Access & Entry Control, Visible Patrols, Security Checks and Report Writing - These are the core daily functions of your police department (24/7).
- Vehicle Registration for DOD Decals: This service is offered at the police station during normal business hours (M-F 9am to 4pm) and on one Saturday per month. You will need to provide your Government ID, Drivers License, Vehicle Registration and proof of Insurance.
- Child Safety Seat Installation: Our agency has 4 AAA certified child seat installation technicians available to assist citizens with the installation of child safety seats. This service is performed at the police station. Please call for an appointment at (925) 875-4720.
- Home Security Checks: The PRFTA PD offers this service during your vacations, TDY, deployments or just weekend get-away's. Officers will periodically check the exterior of your home while your home is unoccupied. This may offer you a peaceful mind while you're away.
- Community Service Outreach: Your Community Service Officers within the PRFTA PD can be reached at (925) 875-4720. They will work directly with all Partners, Tenant Commands and Residents for the various projects and events that take place here on the installation. Special guest appearances by McGruff the Crime Dog are available upon request.
- Bike Patrol - Bicycle Safety: This Department has patrol officers that can perform their duties by riding a police mountain bike. This has proved to be a huge mechanism to bridge the gap between the community and our agency. Please reach out to these officers with any questions and/or concerns you may have.
- Ride-Along Program: This program is designed for those individuals that may potentially be interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement. This is available to those 18 years of age or older. Please call for an appointment at (925) 875-4720.
All vehicles operated by personnel employed by CSTC must display valid California vehicle registration. (Active duty military stationed in California are exempt) Employees coming from other states must obtain a California driver's license and vehicle registration. Application must be made within 20 days of accepting a job at CSTC.
§6700 CVC Use of Foreign License Plates: Limitation states: "...the owner of any vehicle otherwise subject to registration under this code,... registered in a foreign jurisdiction may operate the vehicle in this state until gainful employment is accepted in this state or until residency is established in this state, which ever occurs first, if the vehicle displays valid license plates and has a valid registration issued to the owner, and the owner was a resident of that state at the time of issuance. Application to register the vehicle shall be made within 20 days after gainful employment is accepted in this state or residency is established in this state."
§516 CVC Resident states: The following are evidence of residency for purposes of vehicle registration:
- Address where registered to vote.
- Location of employment or place of business.
- Payment of resident tuition at a public institution of higher education.
- Attendance of dependents at a primary or secondary school.
- Filing of homeowner's property tax exemption.
- Renting or leasing a home for use as a residence.
- Declaration of residency to obtain a license or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to a nonresident.
- Possession of a California driver's license.
§4000.4 (a) CVC Registration Required: Primary Use states: Except as provided in §6700 CVC ..., any vehicle which is registered to a nonresident owner, and which is based in California or primarily used on California highways, shall be registered in California.
§15 CVC Shall and May states: "Shall" is mandatory and "may" is permissive.